- Erik Tans “Beacon / Certain Ghosts” from Tiny Fires’ Tiny Fires
- Dan Blakeslee “Commerce in the Night” from Tiger Saw’s Tigers on Fire
- Blake Seale Jr. “Lucky” from Guy Capecelatro III’s The Silence of Our Predicament
- Tiger Saw featuring Helena Sundin “Acreless” from Wesley Hartley’s Narrow Gauge Quad Trains
- Friendship “Woo-Hoo”, from Seekonk’s Pinkwood 2
- Chris Decato “Night Pt 2 (Helena’s Song)” from Tiger Saw’s Nightingales
- Pale Wallace featuring Emma Vachon “Jamb Figure” from Ruin/ Renewal’s Ruin/Renewal
- Gregg Porter “Montreal Canyons” from Hello Shark’s Break Arms
- Zach Tremblay “My Worried Mind” by Gideon Brown from Seasonal Disorder – Autumn
- Mara Flynn “Useless Rain” from Guy Capecelatro III & Craig Werth’s Ten Miles Out
- Scott Houston “The Longest Distance” from Guy Capecelatro III’s Every Last Light
- Ackport “Plastic Light” from Bellows’ As If To Say I Hate Daylight
- Craig Werth “Vivisector” from The Verms’ The Verms
- Eric Ott “Box of Wine” from Hello Shark’s HS
- Marc McElroy “Out of My Head” from The Landladys The Landladys
- Peter Squires “Broken Highway” from Pale Wallace’s Pale Wallace
- Jerusha Robinson “Time To Come In” from Mara Flynn’s Wide Open
- Guy Capecelatro III “The Warmth of the Sun” from Eastern Mountain Time’s Really Comin’ Down
- Wesley Hartley “Tired of Wishing” from Guy Capecelatro III’s Everything You Are
- Jim Rioux “I’m Over Love” from Cape Snow’s Cape Snow
- Eastern Mountain Time “I’m Serious” from Friendship’s You’re Going To Have To Trust Me
- Breakfastsong “I Am On Fire” from The Landladys’ 20 Year Reunion
- Justin Carloni “Rocketship” from Jim Rioux’s Darlings of the Soil
- Cape Snow “Good Hands” from Mara Flynn’s Good Hands
- Best Girl Athlete “Frayed” from Guy Capecelatro III’s Hope is the Thing with Feathers
For our 50th release, we invited Burst & Bloom artists and friends to cover songs from our catalog. Every artist who’s released an album on Burst & Bloom has been covered for this collection. Only one song per release is represented. Burst & Bloom 50 will be available free-of-charge digitally in the coming weeks. Thank you for your support and stay tuned!
Ackport covers Bellows
Best Girl Athlete covers Guy Capecelatro III
Dan Blakeslee covers Tiger Saw
Breakfastsong covers The Landladys
Justin Carloni covers Jim Rioux
Cape Snow covers Mara Flynn
Guy Capecelatro III covers Eastern Mountain Time
Chris Decato covers Tiger Saw
Eastern Mountain Time covers Friendship
Mara Flynn covers Guy Capecelatro III & Craig Werth
Friendship covers Seekonk
Wesley Hartley covers Guy Capecelatro III
Scott Houston covers Guy Capecelatro III
Marc McElroy covers The Landladys
Eric Ott covers Hello Shark
Pale Wallace covers Ruin/ Renewal
Gregg Porter covers Hello Shark
Jim Rioux covers Cape Snow
Jerusha Robinson covers Mara Flynn
Blake Seale Jr. covers Guy Capecelatro III
Peter Squires covers Pale Wallace
Erik Tans covers Tiny Fires
Tiger Saw covers Wesley Hartley
Zach Tremblay covers Gideon Brown
Craig Werth covers The Verms
Spring is almost here, and we have three exciting new releases on the way…
“It’s not every day that a band comes along truly defying classification… Providence, Rhode Island duo Brown Bird are the real deal. Rootsy folk? Check. Stomp-along Russian gypsy jam? Yup. Hints of acoustic heavy metal? Absolutely.” – Paste Magazine
Brown Bird was a beloved band whose founder David Lamb passed from leukemia in 2014. This 2-CD tribute was originally conceived of, and compiled to help raise money for his treatment. Though he had heard most of this album, unfortunately, Lamb passed before it could see release. We’re releasing “A Light I Can Feel: A Tribute to Brown Bird” in 2017 in his memory, to raise money for Sweet Relief, and to continue to share the music of Brown Bird with the world.
This highly-personal collection includes thirty-two interpretations of Brown Bird songs by friends, fans, and collaborators, including:
Nat Baldwin, Matt Bauer, Dan Blakeslee, Guy Capecelatro III, Dark Dark Dark, The Devil Makes Three, Eastern Mountain Time, Joe Fletcher, Micah Blue Smaldone, South China, Tiger Saw, Vio/Miré, and many more.
Buzzy was a photocopied zine, edited and published by Gregory S. Moss and Dylan Metrano between 1993 and 1998. It was notable for its punk rock DIY spirit, rambling freeform interviews, and post-gonzo journalism. The zines themselves were printed in extremely short runs and have been long out-of-print. This book compiles for the first time the best interviews and writing from Buzzy’s five-year run.
Beck, Boss Hog, Dan Brown (Royal Trux), Cat Power, Cheater Slicks, Chrome Cranks, Doo Rag, Warren Ellis (Dirty Three), Jad Fair, Fireworks, Jeff Mueller (June of 44), Jon Spencer, Two Dollar Guitar, and Will Oldham
Guy Capecelatro III’s new album “Hope is the Thing with Feathers” is a sublime listen, a stirring meditation on mortality. “Hope is the Thing with Feathers” came out of a dark, dark turn in my life when, last February, my wife was diagnosed with a rare and incurable form of cancer” says Capecelatro. “The year has been terrifying and debilitating, rife with a wide range of treatments and hospital visits. In the thick of all this, I was able to funnel some of what we were dealing with into song”.
Capecelatro’s always been a literary songwriter; each song a short story, a character study. This album, taken as a whole, is his most honest and open account of all the feelings, the big decisions and the minutiae that are at the heart of his current experiences.
These songs explore sadness, frustration, anger and fear. But importantly- crucially, these are love songs. These are songs of life. Still.
“Hope is the Thing with Feathers” is heart-swelling and breathtaking. A fearless and monumental work. Capecelatro at his best.
The album features an array of guest vocalists, including Jocelyn Mackenzie (Pearl and the Beard), Anna Vogelzang, Jason Anderson (Strand of Oaks), Juliet Nelson, Gregg Porter (The Bikes, Unbunny), Peter Squires (Landladys, The Farthest Forests), Mara Flynn, Seth Gooby & Isis Alis-Gooby (Breakfastsong), Jim Rioux (Darlings of the Soil), and Jarid del Deo (Unbunny). Other guests include Emily Hope Price (Pearl and the Beard) and Jerusha Robinson (Brown Bird, South China), who both played cello and sang; and Jeremy Robinson(Brown Bird, South China) who played guitar.
Once again, we present our end-of-the-year favorites from the Burst & Bloom family and friends. It is our hope that you might discover something that has made us happy in 2016, and that it will make you happy as well.
2016 was a quieter year for Burst & Bloom. We released three new CD’s, plus a few digital-only albums. If you haven’t yet, we hope you’ll check out Jim Rioux Darlings of the Soil, Mara Flynn Good Hands, and Guy Capecelatro III The Smallest Darkest Things. The digital releases can be found here.
And now, on with our favorites:
Please join us on Tuesday, November 15th at 7:30pm in Portsmouth, NH for this one-night-only show, benefitting our very own Guy Capecelatro III and his lovely wife Pam Raiford. The show will also be broadcasted at 106.1 FM locally and worldwide at wscafm.org.
Triple Release Show! May 5, 2016 in Portsmouth, NH!